Sunday, November 01, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching



It's Sunday again and a new month has begun. The fall season is my favourite, so I am always sad when it comes to an end. I spent as much time as possible outside this week, soaking up the warm sunshine and beautiful colours.

Life is Beautiful Block #19


I also finished another block for my Life Is Beautiful quilt. This block pattern is of 4 apples, so I just had to use apples in the photos. Believe me when I tell you these apples were crunchy and delicious, and a great celebration of all things that are wonderful in the fall!

Today I will slow down, breathe, and take a walk on the crunchy autumn leaves that are now covering the ground. And then I will get out my hand stitching, and start my next block.
What are you planning to do on the first day of November? I hope it includes some hand stitching.
If so, link up your blog post below and share your project with us.




14 comments:

VivJM said...

My Sundays always include some hand stitching!
Love your Life is Beautiful block.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love the apple block and your photos ! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love crisp apples in the fall too. I will be doing some hand stitching today--finishing the binding on a charity quilt. Have fun stitching today!

liniecat said...

Lovely little design that and we have a bright sunny fresh day here in
East Yorkshire, a wander amongst dropped leaves sounds perfect here too

Ivani said...

I will be cross-stitching this Sunday. Your block is so pretty and that apple looks delicious. Enjoy the fruits and your Slow Sunday.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

slow stitching almost every day in my house - rarely does a day go by that I do not sit to quilt at my frame

Denise :) said...

I love the apple stitchery! It would go well with my apple wool penny rug. Enjoy a slow-downed day!! :)

CathieJ said...

The weather is really warm here, so I think a walk in the crunchy leaves is in order for Hubby and me also. Enjoy! I really love that apple block.

Kate said...

We just got our cooler weather last week and the leaves are just now starting to change. Enjoy your slower pace today.

Deb said...

Love the Apples block, and I like how you photographed the block with apples and fall leaves just the right touch for an Auntumn look.

Stephie said...

What a perfect block for the time of year Kathy! Those apples look delicious :) It's nearly 2am here now, so I look forward to catching up with everyone tomorrow (afternoon!!!). Have a great week with plenty of stitching.

Jennie in GA said...

Love seeing the progress on Life is Beautiful. We bought apples this week up in the North Georgia mountains...yum!

Anonymous said...

Wise woman to spend sometime outdoors while there is still nice weather. I am still enjoying it. Actually, outdoor activities are sidetracking me from sewing.

Sarah said...

Another great block! We have had some exceptionally nice weather in the uk, so like you have been out enjoying it while it lasts!