Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quilted Vase

I took a class in May with Christine Ford on how to make a quilted vase (click here to read about the class). It was a great class as I wrote in my previous blog entry. I finished all the quilted panels and enjoyed that process very much. I ended up making 6 panels instead of 5 because I decided that my first one wasn't good enough to be part of the finished vase! I wasn't used to quilting on the Fast-2-Fuse and it took me and my machine a bit of practise to get the quilting working well. Here you can see a couple of the panels.
So then I was ready to sew them together, but was unable to find the 3/4" fusible bias tape for the top and base. I finally found some and have finished the vase. I was very happy with how it turned out and wanted to take a photo of it to post on my blog.I searched high and low for the thing...I couldn't find it anywhere! I was starting to fear that I had left it at guild meeting. Then I noticed it sitting on my daughter's dresser yesterday...I was so happy to "find" it. It was in my house all along, but not anywhere I was looking...I didn't realize that my daughter liked it so much that she claimed it for her room!

7 comments:

Susan Freebery said...

Kathy - this is beautiful! You quilting is great and the colors just sing! I love it!

CONNIE W said...

You did a great job! It's really pretty. I recall seeing something about making fabic vases but haven't read how to do it. I like the colors you used.

swooze said...

Is that 3D? That is so neat!

Jeanne said...

Kathy, the vase is gorgeous! Your quilting is wonderful on the panels and is perfect for this piece. Congratulations on a great finish!

Leanne said...

You should be very pleased with it it looks lovely. It's even better when the children like what you have made and its not just a quick glance and and a "yer that looks good"

sewnut said...

When your kids claim your work for their personal space, you really know that you have transcended the "mom" thing with them. It is as if you are almost "cool" enough!!!!

Andrea said...

Brilliant - never seen anything like this before. No wonder your daughter claimed it !