Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Snowman Day

Today is declared "Snowman Day" on the Stashbuster's yahoo discussion group. Although we don't have enough snow here in Southern Ontario, Canada today to make a snowman, we did a few weeks ago and I posted some photos here.

This week I tried to teach some quilters how to sew paper pieced snowpeople blocks...not mentioning any names, but some of them had a little trouble with their blocks! It seemed particularly enticing to some quilters to sew the background fabric as the faces, instead of the white?!?! Here is my little wallhanging which is hanging on my front door for the month of January.
It is from Wendy Vosters pattern (click here for her website) and she was very generous in letting me teach this block to another group of unsuspecting quilters! This is a fun block to sew and Wendy provides the free pattern on her website. She also has patterns for a paper pieced alphabet quilt as a free giveaway to celebrate her new Mini Quilts paper piecing book (in photo on the left).
Special thanks to Leanne who brought everyone an adorable little chocolate snowman - it was almost too cute to eat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do have enough snow today to make a snowman if it was sticky snow.I love snowpeople no matter the shape or size. Your project is adorable.

Jeanne said...

I have Wendy's pattern printed off to do someday, too. Yours is really cute! It may inspire me to do one before the snow melts.

Karen E. said...

Hi Kathy. I am still alive and need to get in touch with you. Took a few minutes to check your blog today and saw this delightful mini! I can say that mine looks almost as good ;) It must have been me that you are referring to ;) Sorry that i didn't read your blog in time to tell you that you had sewn somrthing incorrectly! Like I would notice!!
Karen

Andee Neff said...

I am finally getting around to making the mini min snowman quilt!