Sunday, January 13, 2008

Step #5 half finished

I didn't have much time to sew this weekend since it was my son's 13th birthday celebrations. It was a weekend of shopping for, feeding and tolerating the noise of a pack of loud boys! But they are great kids really and I'm happy that my son enjoyed his memorable 24 hour party!
I did have some sewing moments, hiding away from all the chaos, and was able to sew up the 16 Half Star blocks. I just keep hoping that my quilt doesn't end up looking like a dog's breakfast! These blocks are quite busy looking, don't you think?? I am looking forward to sewing the 4 Quarter Star blocks and then 16 Star blocks. Some of the quilters on the Mystery Quilters blog ring (links are on the right side of my blog) have already figured out the mystery! I wish my brain worked like that, but I still do not have a clue how this is going to some together. Look at all these blocks sitting in my plastic bin! Where are they going?!?!

6 comments:

Danetta said...

I like it! I think it looks like a Kaleidoscope. :)

Helen in the UK said...

I think your colour scheme is going to look STUNNING!! My brain can't figure out the mystery either - I just have to wait for Bonnie to reveal it :)

Gina said...

I like how you've put yours together. I think you should stick with this.

love and hugs xxx

Tracy said...

I think it looks stunning! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Ginger Patches said...

It's beautiful---certainly NOT a dog's breakfast! Not unless your dog gets way prettier food than my dog lol! You'd have to be feeding it like those pretty new skittles. Seriously I really love your colors. Ireally like how the colors in your black is brought out by your blue and green.

Jeanne said...

Kathy, that's a great picture of the block segments stacked up! I love how creative people are with their photos.