Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wings are sewn

What a busy week! I spoke to the Busy Hands Quilt Guild yesterday and then had to rush away to get to work. But I did get to see some Show and Tell quilts and wished I could get in on some of the group activities they have going on, especially the hand quilting bee for a scrappy charity quilt.
This is as far as I am on step #2 of the Orange Crush mystery. Let's call it "half finished"! I have been sewing quietly in the basement at night until I am too tired to sew a straight line. I have finally finished sewing the "wings" on the little squares and think they look like little angels all lined up like that! Now I am ready to snip off the dog ears and put them in my jam jar...you just know I keep everything, even dog ears! As you can see my other jar is already full after the last mystery, so I found a new empty jar to use. Snip. Snip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this quilt as well, so I know thoses dog ears are really tiny. What will you do with them?