Monday, December 15, 2008

Block of the Month stress

I am about 90 % back to my "normal" self this week. Here is a photo I took of our Christmas tree...I love it because it represents how I have been feeling! Just like me, the settings were too slow!
I am still dragging myself through the evenings and going to bed early instead of quilting at night. I just think I need the extra rest, but I sure do miss the quilting. I am trying not to get uptight about the decrease in productivity, especially at this time of year when Mrs. Clause should be in overdrive!
Two of my quilting projects that bug me the most are my Block of the Month (BOM) projects. I like to be caught up and feel stressed about unstarted blocks. The first one is my "Be Attitudes" quilt. I have only fully completed the first 2 blocks, and have the 3rd one appliqued and am ready to sew in the thread ends. And here is the pile of unopened block packages...ugh! Okay take a deep breath and repeat after me...don't worry, there is no deadline, except in your own mind, so just change your expectations! I am a hard taskmaster!

And the 2nd project is the Capricorn BOM. I just finished this block, which is block #9 for me. That's pretty good, eh?!? I don't even know how many more blocks I have to stitch...I think there are 14 blocks altogether because some months had a bonus block.
The photo is a little bit yellow, and my little sheep are somewhat defective, but hey, I'm only working at 90% capacity here!!!
What about you quilters out there in blogland...have you finished your BOM's from 2008???
Are you signing up for any new BOM's next year?

8 comments:

Yvette said...

I finished 2 of my BOMS for 2008. What I mean by finished is they are put together and ready to be quilted. I still have several that I am behind in. I promised myself that I would finish all of these in 2009 and not start any new ones. Yeah right.

I have the Be Attitudes BOM too. That will be first on the list to complete.

Jeanne said...

I think that's a great photo of your tree! I have 13 blocks of the BOM done and there are two more to do. Bea gave us 3 bonus blocks for a total of 15. Hope you are 100% very soon.

Greenmare said...

I haven't finished a bom from 1998!! quit pushing me! ;-)
seriously, I still have it sitting in my to do pile.
I'll go hang my head in shame now.

Fiber Babble said...

I believe there are 15 Quilter's Blessings (Capricorn Quilts) blocks. I'm on #6, but it's been stalled on the last word to embroider. I have so many "Mrs. Claus" things that are taking precedence - and I have the added joy (aka dressed-up stress) of having to have most stuff done THIS week because the gifts are to be mailed.

I love the Be-Attitudes. Haven't broken down and purchased the book, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. There are very few of the Art to Heart booklets that I don't have - and very few projects that I have actually completed from the books!

Julie said...

That Christmas tree photo is really cool looking!
I can never keep up with BOM's either. I don't know why I keep starting them. LOL

Gina said...

I'm caught up aon my BOM's that I started earlier in the year.
there's one that started last month and although I've downloaded it I'm not starting it until after Christmas.

Glad you are feeling better. Don't stress about Christmas or you'll be ill again.

Love and hugs Gina xxxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love your light painted picture...I took some pictures like that too of our tree as it is a really neat effect.

Bonnie said...

Hum, haven't seriously attempted a bom for many years. I ordered a block -- probably circa 1999 or so and was surprised that I was getting a block kit every month. I eventually canceled it cause I wasn't making them and they were primitive/country and I supposedly am not interested. I gave one block to a quilt group fund raiser. And, yesterday found 3. One is a rooster -- OH BOY! I wanted a rooster for my kitchen. Now I may make it ... hum 3 blocks vertically placed... that would work.. now where did I put....