Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here is a common sight in our town this week. This photo shows what little snowfall we have had so far this winter...hardly enough for the winter sports! And it shows our discarded Christmas tree at the side of the road waiting for the city workers to pick up. The trees are sent through the chipper and made into garden mulch for us to use in the spring.  I always feel sad putting everything away after Christmas, so admittedly DH usually does most of the work, because he knows that I would leave things as they are for weeks to come!
I have enjoyed a bit of sewing today and I hope are enjoying your New Years Day too...click here for a fun New Years greeting!
I have two things to mention today...my shopping trip and the winner of yesterday's draw.
First the shopping...DH's family meets halfway between the American relatives and the Canadian relatives for 3 days at a hotel, full of visiting, gift giving, game playing and if all goes well, lots of laughs! The best thing about the location they frequently pick is that is it near Calico Gals. This year the quilt store moved to a new location, which was a very close drive from our hotel off the I 90. This is the new store, which doesn't have the character of the old one, but is very beautiful and modern, with a wide selection of fabrics I haven't seen before.


A few items jumped in my shopping bag without me noticing...like this FQ pack of fabrics called "Always and Forever"by Alex Anderson.

And look at this gorgeous collection of yellow/pink/orange batik fabrics.  What a great selection of batiks they had! Believe me, I showed great restraint just buying a little piece of these.

And then there was the Mary Engelbreit panel and a couple of coordinating pieces. Some of the very friendly customers were asking me what I was going to do with it. I have no idea, except to enjoy looking at it, for now! It was completely relaxing to stroll around the store and pick up a few goodies to bring home, but now that I am here and more rational, I realize I am looking at 3 new UFO's in the making!!!
And now onto the draw...
It was very inspiring to read the various charities that my blog readers are involved with. Those who entered the draw for the charm pack on Wednesday's post listed many worthy causes they would make a quilt for and I was reminded me once again how generous quilters are!
The winner of the draw (made by my daughter) for the charm pack is...
 Cozy Quilter! Congratulations! I am delighted that she will be making a quilt for CAS, which is a cause that is near and dear to my heart.
Tomorrow I will be announcing my new project for 2010...just can't wait to start something new! LOL!

No comments: