Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Sampler #7

Time to post my Saturday Sampler block.
This week I picked one of Amy's BOM blocks called "Blackford's Beauty". 
I recognized the block from one of my UFO's that I have been making for one of my nieces. It is one of my oldest UFO's and I really like it, so I dug around in the cupboard so I could show it on my blog. I really must finish this quilt...the only problem was the size and I could easily fix that with some work on the borders. Which is the reason why I haven't finished it...I don't like sewing borders! But I dislike old UFO's more than I dislike borders, so I'll get on it!
I made my arrow blocks using 3 flying geese, instead of the method that Amy used, so I thought I'd try her way today.
Once I twisted the 4 patches on the corners, I really liked it!
Block Name: Blackford's Beauty
Blog source: Amy's Passion

If you haven't entered the draw for a mini Valentine's quilt, you still have time. I'll be drawing the winner's name tomorrow - click here.

8 comments:

Candace said...

I love your block. Your colors are great, and the lighter pink does make the center design stand out more.

Amy said...

Very nice Kathy---someone else had turned her 4-patches as well which gives a nice "diagonal" throughout the entire block.

I hope to find your inspiration for the UFO because the colors are lovely!!!!

Happy Saturday

Zlaty said...

Kathy, another great block for your sampler!
I agree with your decision to put the pink 4 patch, so much better!

Happy Valentine's day Kathy!

Cheryl said...

This is a beautiful block in your colorway. I'm happy you led me to your blog!

Gina said...

I prefer the second version of the block aswell.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Robin said...

I guess I must be in the minority- I liked the first block- and would have liked the second block with the darker fabric from the first- to each his own!! They are both great though- just my own personal preference. Glad I found your blog!! Happy Valentines Day to all!

Yvette said...

What a fun project you created! I enjoy looking at all of your sampler blocks.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy, love your choice of colours....especially changing to the lighter pink...Warm Regards Lyn