Saturday, May 01, 2010

Saturday Sampler #17

I thought that for this week's block for my sampler quilt I should pick one of the patterns from the "Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop" quilt - click here to read about that adventure from last weekend. I think the block I picked is called Four Square or Four Star Square... I can't find the pattern today. It was the block from the Fabric Fair store if anyone knows the proper title.
Block Source: Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop quilt
I used a different pink fabric for each star, which was selected from the pile of fabrics I bought on the shop hop!
So now it's a souvenir block!
Here is one of the Shop Hop quilts shown at the store in Grayling called "The Ice House" - click here to explore their website. See my sampler block in the center of the quilt, and how they used one of the star blocks as the cornerstones on the borders?
And see that little cutie wallhanging on the left of the quilt? Check back tomorrow for more information about that quilt!

5 comments:

Libby said...

*mmmm* just love those little saw tooth stars!

Wendy said...

Oh I just love that pink star block you did.

Karen said...

I like the pink stars!

Gina said...

Love the block.
Mind you the shop sampler is gorgeous. Just my colours

Love and hugs Gina xx

viridian said...

The pink and brown is just great! I've done a wall hanging in that color scheme too.