Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mystery Starting!

Remember the strips I was working with a few weeks ago? They are in a finished quilt now...can you tell what the blocks are? I'll show you tomorrow!
Today I have to announce that Judy at Patchwork Times blog has started a new mystery quilt! Don't get mixed up with her Memorial Day quilt recently posted...this is a mystery (my favorite)! The cutting directions are posted here and the first step is posted here. You have 1 week to get step 1 finished before step 2 is posted.
Here is the fabric I have put together for this mystery...something a little different for me. I am using the lighter browns as my 'medium accent' and the darker browns as my 'dark accent'.
It's all washed and pressed but I haven't done any cutting yet...in my mind it was a June mystery so I put off the cutting until June, which is NOW! How did that happen?!?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Love your fabric selection. I think I will stick with doing this vicariously (i'll watch your progress).

Susan said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt. Stunning fabrics and with a design by Judy Laquadera you can't go wrong.

Jeanne said...

That's a wonderful collection of fabrics for your mystery quilt!

Karen said...

I really like the fabrics you have pulled for the mystery quilt.

scraphappy said...

Such pretty fabrics, now to see what they will turn into.....

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those fabrics look lovely together...look forward to seeing the project reveal itself.

Becky said...

Wonderful assortment of fabrics. I too love mystery quilts, but I'm just actively "watching" this one. Can't begin another new project:)

Amy said...

Oooooooo....love those colors! I am doing her mystery too, and ALSO haven't done any cutting. I figured I'll cut as I go along in her clues :0)