Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Too hot!

It's too hot for humans here! Well, it's too hot for Canadians, who are happy with their 6 months of freezing cold, snowy weather each year. We like spring and fall, but most of us just tolerate and maybe even detest these dog days of summer when it's too hot to even go outside.  This is the thermometer outside my kitchen window, and doesn't take into consideration the humidity, which makes it feel like well over 40 degrees.
Which means that it is WAY too hot to quilt!
So I cleaned out the rhubarb patch...washed and chopped 20 cups for the freezer....ready for pies, juice and cake in the winter.
And then I played in the scrap bag that I showed in this post.  There were a lot of dotty fabrics, so I pulled them out and started cutting and organizing them to start a new leaders/enders project idea from Bonnie - click here.  It was very relaxing, but I have a lot more to do before it looks like an actual quilt is being constructed!

12 comments:

Diane said...

we're melting here too! 90's w/high humidity for the rest of the week--it just drains the life out of ya!

Amy said...

Oh, I remember that post of Bonnie's! For as bad as I would like to jump right in with you, my 2" box is actually quite reduced right now after tackling Jared Takes a Wife. NOT that I don't have so much stash fabric that I couldn't cut UP a bunch of 2" strips!!! :0)

I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with ;0)

Oh....and STAY COOL!!!

scraphappy said...

Those dots are adorable. Can't wait to see what they turn into. Summer in Florida is like winter up north, best to stay inside in climate controlled comfort.

Gina said...

We're meltimg over here aswell but we haven't got the humidity so it's just about bearable. I could do with it being a bit cooler though as we are away for 2 weeks atthe end of next week and it's going to be to hot to do much.
Love all the colours of the fabric you pulled out.

Love and hugs Gina xxxx

julieQ said...

Melting is a good word for the weather here too! I just love Bonnie patterns...have fun playing with those pretty scraps.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I think we have the same thermometer and the temp is the same too! I am staying inside and doing some sewing. I am looking forward to seeing your project as it progresses. I like the fabrics!

Judy D in WA said...

That's my next l/e project! Right now I'm doing the twin sister and reducing my brick box. I love your pile of strips. Fun, fun!!!
Stay cool!

Jeanne said...

Oh, it's an oven here, too. I'm sticking inside with the a/c most of the time. Tonight, however, I will be sweating and cheering for the Tigers at Comerica Park!!!!

Quilt Rat said...

Okay........so I just gotta weigh in here.
I love, love LOVE!!! this heat totally despise the winter cold. You will NOT hear any complaints from me.

Maybe I was a lizard on a rock an earlier life LOL

LuAnn said...

What a beautiful pile of polka dot strips. Can't wait to see them sewn into a quilt.

LuAnn said...

What a beautiful pile of polka dot strips. Can't wait to see them sewn into a quilt.

Carrie P. said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for coming by my blog. Just reading some of your posts. You are working on some great things.
Oh, I love to camp. We have done the family thing too when all our kids were younger.