Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yellow Day

Today is "yellow day"!
Early in the morning I picked a bowl of yellow wax beans from my garden for tonight's supper...yum yum!
Then I decided to do some machine quilting. It has been too hot to sit under a quilt that I am working on, but I really miss machine quilting, and just thought that I would start quilting in the morning and stop when the heat is unbearable!
So I went to the closet and asked which quilt wanted to be basted... and this one was the most insistent.
I decided on yellow thread for the top and because I picked a plain white backing, I'll use white thread in the bobbin.
Here's the quilt almost finished with the pin basting...ready to quilt.
Now I have to get the machine ready to do some hard work...wind up 4 bobbins, and give the machine a good drink of oil. I couldn't find my favorite quilting gloves, but I found my purple ones (which are better than nothing!) and I'm ready to go.





I will quilt 'til I wilt!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

It is so hard to get in the mood for hand quilting when the weather is hot! Love the quilt you chose to work on.

Darlene said...

Enjoy your Yellow day! Sweet quilt and one that talks, too. LOL

scraphappy said...

Good luck with the quilting. It usually goes pretty fast once the prep work is done. It will be great to finish off another quilt. Have a happy yellow day.

Bev C said...

Hello Kathy,hope the quilting went well. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

AnnieO said...

Yum, I love yellow wax beans! And yellow thread to match the quilt. It's a theme :)