Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Time for Cake

I finished my second block for the Layer Cake Quilt Along and posted it on the Flickr site (click here if you want to see the other blocks people have made).

This block took 4 layers to make (plus leftover scraps) and I am a little worried if I will have enough squares for the entire project.
I think there are 40 squares in the Happy package, so I could make 10 blocks using 4 each, and I'm pretty sure there are more than 10 blocks.
I am saving all my little scraps (of course) and will be a little more careful when cutting and planning my future blocks.
Here are my first 2 blocks together. I think they are so cute. I appreciate that there is a deadline for posting the blocks which helps to keep me on schedule...I am more likely to get the blocks done to keep up with the group. 
Are you playing along? It's not too late to start! You know me...always trying to entice people to make more quilts!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Very cute blocks. I'm playing along, I posted my block today on the Flicker Site. I'm using a layer cake I bought in duplicate for another project, so I have 4 squares of each fabric. I dont'have a lot of variety, so I'm not sure how mine is going to work either.

Diane said...

oh I love your fabrics. I'm in on this one too!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been playing along but enjoy watching your progress.

Vivian said...

Your blocks are definitely cute. I like the crisp, colorful fabrics.

scraphappy said...

I am beginning to see how UFOs come to be. There is always something more fun to start. I love the colors for you layer cake. I hope you have enough.

Toni said...

OOO Kathy, I love these fabric, so bright and cheery!

Gari in AL said...

Your block turned out so much better than mine. And I have the same concerns about having used 4 squares for just this one block.