Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Indian Orange Peel Update

Another project update (before Santa goes into full Christmas production)....
on my Indian Orange Peel Quilt. To read about this undertaking - click here. According to my production chart (that makes me sound like a real geek, eh?!?)  there should be 14 finished arcs by Dec. 11th.
By Dec. 15 (today) I have finished 10...and I'm happy with that progress, all things considered.
Although the bottom right arc should not technically be considered "finished", since I missed one of the sewing lines and created my own original arc design there, I am officially "done" with that one for the moment!! I was too frustrated to fix it and too busy with other things, so I am putting this project away in it's own little shoe box to wait until after the Christmas festivities have passed. In the box are my finished arcs, the arc patterns still to be sewn, and some paired warm/cool strip sets....it won't be opened until 2011!

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hi Kathy

I have not been working on my IOP at all! I still have a couple of small gifts to finish and then I can work on it! I will have to do more than 7.5 arcs a week! Yours look great!

Gail

Teaquilts said...

Great progress. Love the colors you are using.

Susan said...

Lots of us are going to busy after the holidays finishing things that we put off till after the first of the year..................

I will enjoy watching your progress on that one.

scraphappy said...

It looks like it will be all ready to go when you pull it out next year. I am sure it will all go together smoothly when you have time to relax and spend some time on it. The colors look great.

Diane said...

very cool I will look forward to seeing progress next year!

julieQ said...

You are such a temptress!! I just love these so much...and cannot, cannot start anything else!!

Bonnie said...

I haven't visited your blog recently -- you've been busy. I like the HO blocks. Cute. And, your arcs are great. And the arrowhead quilt is wonderful. I have another friend who did it and she loved it. Those colors are wonderful. I too think about what is on the design wall over the weekend. I'm always hoping there will be something new on the wall. There will be this week as I've finished the pineapple top that has been up there for the last few weeks. I wonder what will grace the wall this coming Monday.

Laura said...

Looking great so far! I really like your idea of breaking down the project and setting deadlines for different parts. I think I will have to try that. It may keep my UFOs from aging so long lol.