Friday, June 17, 2011

Binding and Canning

I haven't been able to focus on a project this week, and keep flitting from pile to pile, accomplishing very little. 
I have Vermont on the brain... 2 more sleeps (well, actually 1 1/2 sleeps since we are leaving so darn early!) I did make up some bindings to motivate me to work on some finishes....purple binding for Spiderweb, pink/green binding for my old mystery, and blue binding for stacks. At the bottom of my binding basket are the leftover bits from the ends of bindings, which might become a scrappy binding some day.
I also made some blueberry rhubarb jam this week and used a new recipe with much less sugar. I didn't want to use another chemical substitution preservation agent, but I am a little worried that the jam won't last as long with less sugar to preserve the fruit properly, but am willing to give it a try. 

4 comments:

Libby said...

Have a wonderful time at VQF. I loved visiting the state and the show last year - one of my favorite excursions in New England.

Butterfly George said...

Have a good trip. Sounds great.
I have made concord grape jam with the sugar free pectin and it was delicious and I didn't have to worry about spoilage as it was eaten so fast (guilt free no sugar) that I will make double this year. I wish we could grow blueberries here but too hot. I grew up picking them wild. I have to make do with thornless boysenberries and concord grapes. Yours sounds yummy.......enjoy G

Amy said...

Blueberry Rhubarb....hmm. That's one I haven't tried.
Sounds like a trip is on the horizon, huh? Have a great relaxing time! :0)

scraphappy said...

Binding is such a great accomplishment in that each one represents a finished quilt. How fabulous to have three quilts ready to finish.