Saturday, September 10, 2011

36 Patch Quilt Along Update

I started my 36 Patch Quilt Along project in mid August and have been feeling so pleased about all the scraps it has used up. Here are some of the pink and purple floral blocks. I particularly like the scrappy backgrounds in the bottom right block. 







I even fussy cut a square from my precious Dr. Suess stash to include in this block just for fun!




My project needed more yellow and green, so I dug some pieces out of the stash since I'm out of most of my 2" floral strips. I have decided that no fabric is going back in the stash from this project...
so watch my blog for a scrap giveaway soon!
I think that my quilt will be 5 blocks by 7 blocks (total of 35 blocks) with a pieced border of all the leftover squares, so I still have a few more blocks to sew!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo....love seeing the different 36-patches coming along. Mine is still at a stand-still for a bit; working on other projects to see them finished :0)

Enjoy the day!

*karendianne. said...

Oh how fun!!!! I love all these colors and that fussy cut fabric is just too darn cute. What a treat.

Janet O. said...

Very cheerful blocks, and I love the fussy cut square.

scraphappy said...

Everything looks great with white. What a beautiful collection of blocks.

Kate said...

The blocks look great. The Dr. Suess square is very cute.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm thinking this would be another good leader-ender little-along project to use some of my 2-1/2" stash ... hmmmmmmmmmmmm