Saturday, September 24, 2011

Going to class today!

I try to take at least one new quilting class each spring and fall, to enjoy being a student, and to try something new. In the spring I took 2 classes - one class on hand applique with Becky Goldsmith, and one class on making the Indian Orange Peel quilt (still a UFO) with Heather Stewart, and then last fall I had two days with Bonnie Hunter (day 1 and day 2...yes, they are still both UFO's!).
Today I am taking a class called "Quilting in Sections" with teacher Martha Schellingerhoud. My guild enjoyed Martha as a guest speaker last year and her quilts are amazing! Yesterday I got everything organized for today's class...I just love a well written supply list where I actually have everything on the list and don't have to go shopping/treasure hunting for unusual items for a class (that I may never use again). I am using up the scraps of the backing from my quilt-as-you-go quilt,  the backing from this month's UFO project, AND the backing from last month's UFO! I am so happy to be using up this fabric for the class samples to practice on! Check back tomorrow to see how I made out with learning something new!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Hope the class was lots of fun.

Janet O. said...

I like those fabrics you have prepared for class. I will be interested to see what they become. : )

Ellen said...

Hope the class was fun and that you learned some fun new techniques!

scraphappy said...

Sounds like fun! So glad you were able to find everything you need. Hope this one doesn't end up on the UFO list as well, even if it does though, you've learned something new

Diane said...

I love your taking a new class in spring/fall-that is a great idea. I may have to try that.
Way to use up the leftovers!