Friday, September 23, 2011

Letter Along A to Z finished!

I have been slowly working on my letters for Lynne's Red Letter Quilt Along, and have finished to the end of the alphabet. Some of the letters were so easy (T and U) and some have a few tricks to make them manageable. Between Lynne's tips and Tonya's descriptions in her Word Play Quilts book , I managed to get most of the letters done quite easily. 
I had a little trouble with the 'W', not leaving enough space on the bottom of the 'W' so that joining it to a sashing would cut off the bottom. It was fixable though, and not too many swear words were heard in my sewing room!
I will post my whole alphabet as soon as I find where I have hidden safely stored them.
Now I have to decide on some spacer blocks and am reading my new book for some ideas.

10 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your letters! Hee...I hide (store) things away from myself too!

scraphappy said...

My projects sometimes get stored away so safely that I have to make more blocks. They always turn up eventually though -- or will someday I'm sure.

Jean said...

Love your letters. I need to get mine up on the design wall tomorrow so I can see them all together. I bet that book will have some great ideas.

LuAnn said...

I love those letters. I'm glad you put the rest in a safe place. Ha!

Ellen said...

Your letters turned out great! I bet the rest will turn up at some point but not until you have searched "everywhere"!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm hoping to make f, g, h, and a few more this weekend. Life got in the way!

AnnieO said...

Making letters is more complicated than it appears, and uses more fabric than you expect, but sure is absorbing and fun! So far, I haven't had to swear, but am already planning to remake some letters :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Just got Tonya's book out tonight too. I have a quilt I"m going to put some words on!

Diane said...

great letters-I just bought Tonya's book yesterday it's sitting here next to me. I've already flipped through it, now for a good thorough reading.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

these are so cool...I will look at Lynne's site...thanks!!