Friday, November 16, 2012

Santa blocks

Victoria from Bumble Beans Inc. (who has just published a new book!) offered to mail out the center Santa squares to any quilter who was interested in making a block - any size...any pattern. 
I couldn't resist the challenge!
I had fun searching through my favorite 100 block magazines and picked out block #289 from volume #3 by Scott Murkin called "Filmstrip".
To see the collection of other Santa blocks that these will be joining - click here, and to see the new blocks that arrived with mine, click here. It will be a real challenge to corral all these various sized blocks into a quilt top and I can't wait to see what Victoria makes with them!
*** To see the amazing finished quilt, click here

Tonight is Friday Night Sew-In. It snuck up on me this month. If it snuck up on you too, it's not too late to hop over to Heidi's blog and sign up - click here. I hope to be able to sew all night but am on call for work, so don't know if I'll be sewing or working. You can probably guess what I'm hoping for!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Cute Santa blocks. Oh, I wish I had finished one of the three Christmas quilts I have worked on this year!