Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Easy Street Update

I have been working hard to keep up with the Easy Street Mystery steps. I really like a mystery quilt design to be a secret right to the end, and this one really does have me stumped! I don't think I've ever sewn a mystery quilt with so many different units. Here is my shoebox full of assorted blocks...a quilt waiting to be born!!
I thought I was finished step #7 but just reread it and we have to make 12 of the larger triangles, and I have only sewn 4 of them.
Could this be part of the layout?


Or maybe this arrangement?

I just have to get the other 8 corner blocks sewn before I look at the final step.
Thank you Bonnie for so much quilty fun!

11 comments:

Deb A said...

Looking great! I am way behind but did peek ahead. I hope to get back to it mid month. It has been so fun making this mystery.

Kate said...

Mystery quilts are such fun. I skipped this one, so I am enjoying following your progress.

beaquilter said...

have fun... one clue I figured out before when doing the triangles was that the quilt blocks are on point :-)

Gari in AL said...

I've been gone for the last two days but as soon as I get a second cup of coffee I will be reading and rereading those directions and putting all of those little pieces together...I hope.

Sheila said...

Looking good, girl friend! I'm really loving these colors with the black on white.
I'm a little behind on Part 4. Then I'll be building Easy Street!

Janet O. said...

You are way ahead of me--I haven't pulled fabrics yet. : )
Looks great, Kathy!

Judy D in WA said...

I'm right about where you are. I have my 12 big triangles about half sewn. I love a good mystery! Although I did look at part 8 already. :)

AnnieO said...

Bonnie's been very good at mixing all the units and keeping the surprise hidden. Your pieces and parts look terrific!

Teresa in Music City said...

Isn't this a fun mystery this year?!? I have so enjoyed working on it, and amazingly managed to catch up on all but Clue #4 during the past week - hooray! Monday I got the 4 corner blocks done for Clue #7 and two of the setting blocks. And then last night I put together a couple of the blocks from Clue #8. I had enough #4 blocks done to do that much - I have to finish up those aqua/purple flying geese TODAY!!!

Andee said...

I just finished the four corner units and 12 other triangles last night..dying to get to actual blocks!

Lesley said...

Your quilt is going to be fabulous! Love your fabric choices!