Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Montreal

I am just back from a quick trip to Montreal. I tagged along with a friend who was attending a conference, and I greatly enjoyed visiting a fascinating city where I had never been before!
It was fun to practice speaking french, which I learned in high school and was amazed at how much came back to me really fast! 
And what can I say about the amazing food? Especially "les boulangeries"...YUM!
I must admit that I was surprised by the total lack of quilts or textiles of any kind in the museums or stores. Perhaps I did not go to the right areas? 





I found some wonderful sculptures  sprinkled throughout the city and enjoyed finding them randomly sitting on benches.




My favorite place to visit was La Basilique Notre-Dame  which was the most beautiful church I have ever seen. My photo does not in any way reflect the beauty. The sound of the organ with 7,000 pipes  was incredible (the largest pipe is 32 feet and the smallest is 1/4"!). And hearing the bells ringing on Sunday morning was something I will never forget (the largest bell weighs 11 tons!).
I spent a lot of time right where this photo was taken, lit some candles and said a few lot of prayers for my brother, who is quite sick again. I have returned in time to take him to more Dr. appointments this week. He could really use some good news (and more prayers, if you're so inclined).
It is good to be home again...can't wait to spend some time in the sewing room!

7 comments:

Deanna W said...

Thinking of you and your brother. Hope he does get some good news. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Beautiful pics of the church too.

Elaine M said...

Keeping you and your brother in my prayers with healing thoughts. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Mary said...

Here's hoping and Praying for good news for your Brother and You! So glad you got to get away for a short time and explore Montreal.

Deb A said...

That is a beautiful church. Been a long time since I was there. Sending some prayers to you and your family for some good news.

Terri said...

So sorry to hear that your brother is still having troubles. We will send our prayers.
Hugs

Angie said...

Sending prayers and good thoughts for your brother and you! Thank you for sharing the picture of the basilica - it struck me as a wonderful spot for the peace that passes all understanding.

Lesley said...

Prayers for you and your brother. Take care...