Thursday, June 06, 2013

"Deck-ade the Halls" Quilt Along blocks

Are you joining in on the "Deck-ade the Halls" Quilt AlongIt's my favorite kind of quilt to make with a variety of interesting pieced blocks, a unique layout, and instructions spread out over a few months. I am making a scrappy version of course, and absolutely love my first blocks - three wise gingerbreads!

This is how I laid out my cut pieces to make sure I stayed organized as I sewed the blocks. The directions were wonderful, although I ended up with a few leftover pieces (my error for sure!)
The next instructions for the star blocks will be posted on Monday, so you still have lots of time to catch up if you haven't started yet. And you will have a great quilt to use or give away at Christmas!

11 comments:

Deb A said...

All these quilt alongs you keep finding are dangerous.

Ellen said...

They do look cute. I have downloaded the instructions and I just might join in. Thanks for the link!

Gari in AL said...

I, too, have downloaded but haven't started. I don't have much in the way of Christmas fabrics and what I have has a lot of white background so I didn't think the gingerbread men would look good. For some reason I never thought about making them brown. I guess that would be thinking "inside" the box, wouldn't it?

Janet O. said...

VERY cute--and VERY tempting--but I will have to resist or I will need to be put away! : )

julieQ said...

Beautiful, Kathy...love it! Too much on my brain to join in, but I will admire your progress!

Cathy said...

Oh my..... that looks really tempting! When I first saw this advertised, I didn't pay much attention because I thought it was done as a kit. I didn't realize that the instructions were free.I just might have to do this one.....

Marei said...

Love your wise gingerbread men! Very cute. And...are your organized or what? I have got to get myself some kind of numbered pins/tags/something to help me out.

Lesley said...

What a great start you have made! Will watch you with great interest on your quilt journey!

Candace said...

Adorable and your gingerbread men are even the color of gingerbread.

Teresa in Music City said...

Well, those little gingerbread people look good enough to eat :*D

Kate said...

Love your gingerbread guys. That's going to be a very fun quilt.