Tuesday, January 05, 2016

2015 Finished Quilts



Sometimes you don't realize what you accomplish until you take the time to review your efforts. I was a bit disappointed to realize that I only finished 4 of the 12 quilts that were on my 2015 UFO list. However, when I reviewed my quilty adventures from the past year I was delighted and amazed to realize that overall I finished 20 quilts, only 4 of which were on the UFO list!  You can see all those blog postings here, but this is a summary list:

*5 miniature quilts (Tucker, Times Nine, Tiny Tumble, Wisdom of Friends, Hugs and Kisses)

*5 wallhangings (Country Roads, Cozy Afternoon, Always Home, Light Side of the Moon, A New Beginning)

*5 lap quilts (Scrappy Braid, Scrappy Carolina Chains, Under The Sea, Polka Dot Batiks, One Stick at a Time) 

*5 bed quilts (Starburst, Confluence, Hero's Homecoming, Pointed Prisms, Big Stitch Sampler)



Don't you think it's a little bit odd that I finished 5 quilts in each category? And is it also weird that 5 of the finishes were hand quilted?!? 
FIVE was the number of the year for 2015!
Give me a high five!

19 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That was a high five year!!! Congrats!!!! This year will have to be 6 in each category since the year ends in 6.... No pressure!

scraphappy said...

5 is a great number. Espcially on January 5th. Great job of finishing things up this year. Even if they weren't the ones on your UFO list, it was a fabulous year of finishes.

Betty said...

Your numbers are in alignment. aha!
B.

Kristin said...

Total High 5!!! 20 quilts?!?! That's amazing!! Go you! :)

Bonnie said...

Yea for 20 finished quilts. I would be thrilled to finish 20. I think I hit 13 or some such thing. Congratulations. On to 24 in 2016.

Created by Kathi said...

Awesome High Five from Florida to you! :) Thanks for sharing your cool accomplishments!!! Kathi

Chantal said...

Tape là! (high five in French) Awesome!

Sheila said...

High five for sure , great accomplishments! I bet you will do just as well in 2016 !

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

High Five!!! That is an amazing finish list - and those UFO's are really patient I hear ( bwahh haa haa) Love your Allietare too!

audrey said...

That is wonderful! And so funny about the five each. It really was your lucky number!

Mary said...

YES! The finishes out weigh the Non-finishes. You were very prolific last year. Scrap Squad helped that total. Big high 5 from a #5.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a coincidence! Five was your number last year.

Shari said...

That's an amazing year! Thanks for taking the time to blog. We all enjoy seeing your quilts and the links on Slow Stitching Sunday. Hope 2016 turns out to be just as productive.

Ivani said...

It was a great year, wasn't it? Total High 5! You rock!!

Janet O. said...

Spooky! : )

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

You deserve a high 5.
Kathleen Mary
Kathysnest32.wordpress.com

Ellen said...

I'll give you a high five...you really did accomplish so much in the past year!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats! I write down what I work on, each day, in my sewing room. It helps me to realize that I DID accomplish stuff each month.

Kate said...

Congratulations on a great year of finishing! If you are still disappointed about the number of UFOs you manage to finish, just realize that all those other finishes kept the UFO list from getting any longer.