Friday, October 06, 2017

Mystery Quilt Finish

Humble Quilts Quiltalong
This must be a blogging record for me with daily posts and THREE finished quilts in a week! The first finish was the Tetris bed quilt, yesterday's finish was a baby quilt and today's finish is this adorable 21" miniature quilt.
Humble Quilts hosted a mystery quiltalong called Palmateer Point. The layout was posted on Monday and because it's a small quilt, I was able to quickly put the pieces together and finish the quilting with some straight lines.



The brown and blue fabrics are Shweshwe fabrics from South Africa, and were lovely to work with.  I'm so happy to have them in a finished quilt!


We (the quilt and I) went for a walk to find a good place to take a photo. Turns out there were many good places!
Thanks to Lori for a really fun mystery quilt adventure! Click here to see more variations from the quiltalong.


18 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your blue and brown palette! Great finish!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are on a roll! Nice pictures too.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh my goodness, I really like your color combination in this little mini. I had planned on joining in, but I had too many other projects lined up along with some travel, so I had to pass. I may still make it in a bit. Love the pattern! You've had a great week, getting 3 finishes done. Yay!

Deanna W said...

Another finish....woohoo!!
Did you prewash the shweshwe fabric...I found them quite stiff and wondered if washing helped that....inquiring minds!

Danice G said...

Beautiful Cathy. 'Love those African fabrics. Congrats on 3 quilts :)

Danice G said...

Oh, Kathy with a "K". Apologies :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations on another finish!!

Cathy Melancon said...

Wow, Kathy! You are on a roll! This is a sweet mini and your pictures are wonderful!!! I have just started hearing about Shweshwe fabrics! Beautiful!!!

Janet O. said...

A very sweet finish, Kathy, and a nice photo shoot! Three finishes? You have outdone yourself this week!!

Mary said...

I needed a finish this week, mine is still just a flimsy, though. Back to my UFO's. I love taking my quilt for a walk, too. Bonnie Hunter used some of those fabrics in her last quilt for the next Book. That's the 1st I'd heard of them. Congrats on 3 Finishes!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love your color choices on this one. Congratulations on all the recent finishes!

Janice Holton said...

These fabrics are fantastic! I really liked the look of the quilt from a distance and when I clicked on the picture to see a closeup, WOW! Love those deep rich blues and the blue/brown fabrics you chose to go with. Great finish, Kathy!

Lisa J. said...

Very beautiful quilt finish Kathy!

AnnieO said...

Congrats on your 3 finishes! I like blue and brown together. Great job!

Lori said...

Love brown and blue! Instant antique!!

Pat said...

The rich blues/browns are wonderful - and you have quilted along with the binding finished - congratulations!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Great color combination! I passed on this quilt too because I thought I was too busy, but I may have to go back and make it.

Kate said...

Three finishes in a week? That's pretty terrific. Your Palmateer Point mini turned out beautifully.