Saturday, January 06, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018

Angela and Mari are offering an RSC  sampler quilt for 2018 called Squared Away. It's a way to use up leftover fabric scraps using the colour of the month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The colour for January is blue. I have blue scraps coming out my ears!
One of my scrap bins that doesn't see much action consists only of small pieces and narrow strips in darker colours. Many of those scraps were used in my Mad City Mama blocks, but I still have many scraps still needing to be organized for quilting projects. 

I'm so happy that the new sampler project allows for small blocks. I'm going to be making the 5" block size which uses 1.5" units. While making a few blue HSTs so I'd be ready for the first pattern, I cut myself with the rotary cutter.
Not cool!
However... being able to use a bandage with sewing machines on it... very cool!
Hop over to the first RSC link up of 2018!

17 comments:

Ellen said...

Ouch! I might participate in the challenge quilt and if I do they will be bigger blocks. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Fun bandaid, but be careful! I once had to get 4stitches after cutting myself with my rotary cutter! Those are tiny scraps!

Jo said...

Oh no, not good.
Nice work on the new project. It will be a small quilt then..

scraphappy said...

Everything tiny is even cuter. So sorry about your finger. Rotary cutters can be dangerous!

Deb A said...

Cool bandage. Bummer on the cutting yourself. Hope it heals quickly.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Cute bandaid! :)

Louise said...

Yow! I worry about doing that myself all the time! Glad it was minor enough that just a bandaid was enough :)

Deanna W said...

I was going to say...not good advertising with that cut and bandaid!Glad it wasn't serious as I have seen recently on facebook. I would love to start another scrap project but I just can't ...enjoy for me!

Julierose said...

Ooouch so sorry about your rotary cut finger! I like those little pieces...a lot hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you had a fun bandaid to put on your cut! Those blocks will be cute in the smallest size- I was thinking about trying that, too

barbara woods said...

i usually have a band-aid on to

Cathy said...

I think you are the Queen of tiny blocks. I'm not going to try to steal the crown but will be one of your admiring subjects.

I stabbed myself yesterday with the seam ripper and made a big hole in the side of my finger. And band aid's stuck on me...

gayle said...

Love that bandaid! I need a great big box of them, for sure. (My rotary cutter frequently attacks me, too!)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

OUCH! I have some of those bandaids. Have fun with your scraps. I'm working with 'new' fabric at the moment.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm considering the RS18 Sampler, too. Let's hope I remember to CLOSE the rotary cutter when I put it down so that I don't cut myself, too!!!

Sally Trude said...

The bandaid is cute except it wasn't the sewing machine that attacked you. Do they have bandaids with rotary cutters on them?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those are really pretty blocks, and those parts look like they would look great in On Ringo Lake! Your pieces are even tinier than mine, and I thought they were tiny enough.