Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Retreat Report #4

This is the last blog post showing the new projects that were started at retreat last week. Over a year ago I purchased the Wacky Web template for a project by Missouri Star Company. You can see the project tutorial here.
At retreat it turned out that there were 4 of us who had either the small or the large template to make this project! Susan made her version with each scrappy star being one colour. Isn't it looking wonderful!?!
I wanted to try the reverse idea, with my colours being where her background fabrics are. This is how my layout is looking. I do like it, but it does require a lot of planning and I'm not enjoying it enough to make a very large version of it. Truthfully I like Susan's idea better!

11 comments:

Louise said...

Your colors are fabulous, but I can see how it would get tedious to plan out each color so the "wheels" work out right. What if you did it completely scrappy and let the chips fall where they want?

julieQ said...

I think I like your idea better!! Both are super fun...and guess what? I was gifted with that template!

piecefulwendy said...

I've made the wacky web quilt a couple of times. I like how your version is coming along. It does get tedious though, and more so if you have to plan out the wheels! Sure is pretty though!

Karen said...

I never have heard of the Wacky Web template. And how unusual that so many of you had one at the retreat. Did you all shop together?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the look of both of these.

Janet O. said...

I love both. Your version is very unique, and I like the way you are doing the "circles" in two shades. But I can see how that would also be a major pain to plan and keep in order!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I do like both ideas--though I can see where yours is more planning!!
so will you keep making something with this design or are you done playing and ready to go on to something different???
enjoy, di

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'd want the largest size they made. I'm not good at planning or laying out my pieces, so, I'd be making her version, but, I like your version, too.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

the myriad of projects that you have going on blow me away :)

Jo said...

I think you need to decide wether you like the coloured stars or circles first. They are so different.

Barb said...

hard to believe they are the same blocks re-arranged.
Retreats are so inspiring and fun