Saturday, February 10, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

We are trying to use up our purple scraps this month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Purple is not a colour I "know" and rarely buy yardage of it. But in my scrap bags there are lots of tiny pieces that friends have shared with me.

I am making my Squared Away sampler blocks in a 5" size, so the pieces I am using up are 1.5" squares and strips. The February block pattern is called "Wishing Ring". I made four blocks in purple scraps for my sampler and enjoyed thinking about the things I am wishing for while making these wishing blocks.
To see more purple projects, hop over to the RSC linkup.

20 comments:

Mary said...

I love Purple!! Those blocks are way cute. Tiny but cute. Happy Scrappy Saturday.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ecellent piecing on these tiny blocks!

Ivani said...

Beautiful Wishing Ring tiny blocks, Kathy. Love all your purple scraps.

Teresa said...

I had not heard of a wishing ring block before. Your blocks are lovely

scraphappy said...

It is so nice of your friends to share their scraps with you. They turned into such nice blocks.

Karen said...

I don't buy a lot of purple either.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

These are really cute!

Adventurous Quilter said...

Looking great 😍😍

SandraC said...

I love all the assorted purples! I am doing the 7.5" size and enjoying the blocks, so far :)

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Wow! Those are amazing blocks, especially considering how small they are. Lovely job!

Mari said...

Beautiful blocks! And so tiny! I *love* purple and yours look great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are lots of fun! I love seeing all the different purples and prints that people are using for these blocks!

Cathy said...

You didn't need to wish for awesome blocks, I see!

AnnieO said...

Sweet purple littles!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are beautiful!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very nice! It is so interesting to see how colors can change the block!!!

Katie Z. said...

Your purples are gorgeous!

Janet O. said...

I buy lots of purple. Love these blocks!! I really like the fabric placement you have used. Is this RSC project #25, or 157?

Sally Trude said...

What a wonderful range of purples...I especially love the block that is flirting with brown.