Sunday, March 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up party for hand stitchers!


Today will be a rest and recovery day for me following St. Patrick's Day celebrations yesterday. I usually paint my hair green and have a wee drink or two with my Irish friends. Needless to say, everything I do today will be done s-l-o-w-l-y!






There will be lots of time for slow stitching while I visit with a friend who is staying for the weekend. While chatting I hope to finish the 6th block of Gail Pan's "Send my love" BOM. This block has backstitch, lazy daisy stitch and french knots. The next three block patterns have been sent by email to the "i stitch" group. This month we'll be stitching a flower basket, a sewing machine, and a butterfly. They are so cute and I can't wait to trace them out and get going on them. 

What are you hand stitching today? We love to see what you're working on, so link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

15 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

For a moment there, I thought you were channelling your inner Anne of Grey Gables! Your Gail Pan embroidery blocks are very pretty! I like seeing them each week.

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fun St Patrick's Day! Your little embroidery is very pretty, it's a lovely project. Have a nice relaxing day!

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL LOVE the green hair!!! :)

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great St. Pats day celebration. Love the hair. Happy slow stitching today.

CathieJ said...

You look good in green. Your block is very pretty. It is nice to see it in the working stage.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I did wear a green shirt yesterday but that is about all I ever do for St. Pat's day and I'm a tiny bit Irish I should do more

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Green Hair? A drink or two? You go girl!

Deb said...

Love the green hair, and the newest block for the Gail Pan project is cute.

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! You paint your hair GREEN?! I dress in my Shamrock Surprise quilted jacket and other articles of appropriately colored clothing, but that's where I draw the line. Looks like you had a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to celebrate! :)

Deanna W said...

WHAT no green wine!?!?! I am also liking the green hair...you thinking of keeping it?!
With my daugter being here for the weekend and catching up ...it will also be a very slow relaxing day for me. Hand quilting to relax!

Love that little embroidered heart block.

Miaismine said...

As usual, I love your stitching. I hope you have a good recovery!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

No link this week from me. I've lost my mojo somewhere as work and house and yard have (temporarily) taken over my life.

Hopefully I'll see you all next week.

Created by Kathi said...

Hopefully next week I will be back to my daily slow stitching life :D I love your selfie shot and Gail Pan's stitch along too... hopefully she will do something like this again in the future when I don't have so much on my plate... enjoy your company and have a blessed week!
Kathi

Needled Mom said...

Love the green hair idea!!